Sunday, September 17, 2006

Skynyard Legacy - Chapter 4 - Growth & Decay

It seems like ages since I talked to you and so much has happened, some good ok alot has been good the family has been growing up well, Bradley went from a toddler to teen in what seemed like moments. Obviously it wasn't the twins have also grown there now children and we had another little boy his name is Benjamin, he's now a child too, so you see I have been really remisce in my updating of family life.



As you can see Bradley grew into a fine young man who loves to take care of his younger brother and sister's. Bethany and Brianna are still my beautiful girls and Benjamin well he's a little charmer too, they are all so close and that closeness has helped us all to cope.


You see we have had a double blow in the family today, I was sent home from work again only to find my self expecting child no: 5 - another girl would be nice - anyway I had just sat down to a light lunch when the phone rang. I wondered who could be ringing me at this hour Clay never rang me from work and Harris was busy on the movie set, so he had no time for phone calls. Answering the phone gave me the answer, tho' I would have done anything to avoid recieving that call. It was Clay's mob boss, thing's had gone drasticly wrong on there job that morning and Clay my Clay had been shot.

My Husband had been taken from me just as he had feared as Clay's boss's voiced droned away on the other end of the phone, I remembered a conversation I had had with Clay only the night before. You see he had surprised me with his knowing about my friendship with Harris - I had suspected he knew, just not everything - He said "I'm not mad or angry, your relationship makes me happy, as if anything happened to me at least you will have someone who will look after you and the kids. You see I love you so much and can't bear the thought of you being on your own with no-one to take care of you". I was so shocked and angry that he could think like that, not just at him, but well at myself too as those same thoughts hade been running through my head too. Now here I am my husband gone and 4 no 5 kids to raise on my own, yes Harris is a great guy and a good friend, he loves me dearly and I have feelings for him too. But, I don't think he's ready to take on my family.

I finally got off the phone with Clay's boss and just stood there how was I going to break the news to the children, they were understandable devasted, they all loved their father dearly and he is going to be missed.



I looked at my children and their friends as they started to get on with life and realized that we would get through this we had each other.






I lay in bed that night and couldn't sleep the bed felt so empty without him in it. I just closed my eyes and remembered my life with Clay, He hadn't been the greatest provider and had spent many nights hiding in the garage, with what I later learnt was a counterfeiting machine. But, he had always loved his children.

The memories flooded through my mind and tears blinded my eyes.







Till finally I fell into restless sleep.

No comments: