Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Skynyard Legacy - Chapter 13 - News, Good and Bad

The last few months seem to have gone by in a blur for me, with not knowing where my son is it has been awful. But no matter what, life has had to go on because well much as I want life to stand still it can't. I have been so glad to have had my family around me during all this but, if just one more person says "No news is good news" .... I swear I will swing for them, honestly do people really believe not knowing is better, this awful limbo that we are stuck in is driving me mad.

There have been so many rumours about where Harris is, the papers have been making things worse too. One paper printed a story about a dreadful car accident in which 'Harris White and unknown child killed outright', whereas another reported 'Movie Actor Harris White & Friend living the High Life in Spain'. But, every story printed has been proven false, it's like they have just disappeared of the face of the earth, I bet the next story will say he's been 'Abducted by Aliens'. I don't know how much more I can take of this silence, Ok in truth this has been less time than his not knowing about his son. But the thing is he wasn't hurting as he didn't know, what he's doing is much more heartless than any pain that I caused him.

So with not knowing, when Jr would be home again I told Bethany she shouldn't put her life on hold. So reluctantly she agreed and invited Sheldon over and they became engaged.



Plus we managed to get a lovely photo of my first grandchild Carl with his mum Tori, isn't he a stunner, he looks so much like his father and uncles did at that age. Thankfully he's a healthy little boy and what with their two house robots, it's a fight in their home to see who's going to take care of the little chap. I hope they have another child soon or else can see that little Carl will end up spoiled rotten.



Oh my God, the phone rang today and it was my little boy. It was so good to hear his voice again. He seemed surprised that I was so pleased to hear his voice and that I had been so worried about him. His dad had told him that I knew where he was all along. I couldn't tell him he was wrong now could I? That would have just upset him.





Jr couldn't wait to tell me all about his adventures with his dad, they had been all over the place, from one end of the world to the other. He was so excited telling me about Scuba diving off the coast of Australia, Hiking in the Himalaya's. His dad had even managed to get him a small walk on part in a movie while they were in England. But, he couldn't remember the name of the movie.


I was about to ask about his studies, when he interrupted me saying that everything was fine his dad has been making sure he kept up with them. Even when he didn't want too.





I wanted to know when he would be coming home, but was shocked when he said that he was at home now. I tried hard to stop my voice from breaking as I told him about his new nephew Carl and Bethany's engagement. I told him that I loved him and missed him lots, "I Love you too Mummy and I will come and visit soon, give everyone a hug for me" he replied and then hung up the phone.



After hearing from my boy, I was filled with mixed emotions. Relief that he was safe, but sadness that he was so happy with his dad.



I stood in the kitchen for a moment collecting my thoughts, when a knock at the door brought me back to earth. Answering the door I found an official looking man, he asked my name and then handed me a stack of papers and left. I moved into the lounge and sat on the sofa. Reading through the papers filled me with dread, my son would never be coming home Harris had won custody, without me even knowing he had gone to court and he had won. It was then I noticed the name of the Judge who had signed the order, a friend of Harris's. He had used his connections to steal my son from me, I then noticed a line at the bottom.... 'access granted with prior written consent'. So I guess that means I have to write and ask permission to see my boy.

No comments: